SNAP Giardia Test
Find and treat more Giardia cases
- Efficiently comply with Companion Animal Parasite Council recommendations to test symptomatic dogs and cats with a combination of direct smear, faecal flotation with centrifugation, and a sensitive, specific faecal ELISA.
- SNAP tests provide reference laboratory quality technology for superior diagnostic accuracy at the point of care.
- Automatically activate SNAP tests to save time and improve work flow with the SNAP Pro Analyser.
Diagnose Giardia infections in canine and feline patients
Use the SNAP Giardia Test to identify the presence of Giardia in dogs and cats as an adjunct to a faecal flotation. The SNAP Giardia Test is the first USDA-approved in-house rapid assay for the detection of soluble Giardia antigen. It has been shown to find up to three times more Giardia-positive animals than using traditional microscope methods.1
The Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) recommends testing symptomatic (intermittently or consistently diarrheic) dogs and cats with a combination of direct smear, faecal flotation with centrifugation, and a sensitive, specific faecal ELISA optimised for use in companion animals.2
Test insert & resources
Access the SNAP Giardia Test product insert, accuracy data, sample preparation, results interpretation information and more.
Order tests & supplies
Learn more about ordering directly from IDEXX and order your in-house tests and supplies today.
- Groat R, Monn M, Flynn L, Curato J. Survey of clinic practices and testing for diagnosis of Giardia infections in dogs and cats. Poster presented at: 21st Annual ACVIM Forum, June 4–8, 2003; Charlotte, NC.
- Companion Animal Parasite Council. CAPC Recommendations: Giardia. www.capcvet.org/recommendations/giardia.html. Accessed August, 7, 2014.